Does your church have an effective, all-inclusive process for discipling men? Rate your ministry in the following areas
on a scale of 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent). Write down your numbers for each statement below and then check your total score against the scale.
- The men of our church can passionately describe the church’s vision. Rating: ____
- Our pastors believe that the men of the church support them and their vision. Rating: ____
- Most men in our church understand what it means to be a disciple and its importance. Rating: ____
- Most of our men are engaged in spiritual growth and service. Rating: ____
- We reach men of all ages. Rating: ____
- We have opportunities for men at all spiritual levels to become engaged. Rating: ____
- Our spiritually mature men are intentionally bringing other men along in their spiritual journey. Rating: ____
- God is changing the world through men’s discipleship in my church. Rating: ____
SCALE (total the points from your answers above)
1-29: Discipling men? What’s that?
30-41: You’re on board! Time to become more intentional about your efforts.
42-53: Men’s lives are being changed, but you’re ready to step it up a notch.
54-64: God is working in the lives of your men! A few tweaks here and there might put you over the top.
65-80: God is using you! Thanks for your hard work—keep it up, and see how you can help other churches as well.